I have been using this pecan pie recipe for years. I only put pecans on the top because that’s how Mama did it. It’s a tried and true recipe. It will be a Thanksgiving delight!
- Single pie crust of your choice
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt, butter and syrup with a mixer. Pour into pastry lined pie pan.
- Top it off with a covering of pecan halves (pretty side up).
- Slowly put the pie in the oven on the middle rack. Bake 40 to 50 minutes until filling is set.