Homemade ice cream is always a summer treat for our family. This is an old vanilla recipe that I add strawberries and bananas to. You could add any fruit you desire and it would still be delicious. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium bananas (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 pint of strawberries (cut into bite size pieces)
- Add milk up to fill line of freezer container
- Add sugar gradually to beaten eggs.
- Continue to beat until mixture is stiff.
- Add vanilla, strawberries, bananas, and 4 cups heavy cream and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into gallon freezer container and add just enough milk up to the full line and freeze and directed. Makes 4 quarts.