Homemade ice cream is always a summer treat for our family. This is an old vanilla recipe that I add strawberries and bananas to. You could add any fruit you desire and it would still be delicious. Enjoy!
This recipe is for an ice cream maker. However, you could use a mixer and then freeze in a metal cake or bread pan.
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium bananas (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 pint of strawberries (cut into bite size pieces)
- Add milk up to fill line of freezer container
- Add sugar gradually to beaten eggs.
- Continue to beat until mixture is stiff.
- Add vanilla, strawberries, bananas, and 4 cups heavy cream and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into gallon freezer container and add just enough milk up to the full line and freeze as directed. Makes 4 quarts.