Nothing beats good pancakes made from scratch! Mel is the main cook for breakfast, and I am his prep chef. This recipe calls for two prep bowls. I prepare the dry bowl ingredients the night before. It makes for a much quicker breakfast in the morning. Cook up some sausage to go with it and you have some deliciousness going on!
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Fold together – don’t mix too much – keep thick and lumpy.
- Let recipe rest 10 minutes while getting griddle heated to 350 degrees.
- Pour a 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil on griddle and wipe it around with a paper towel.
- Pour 1/4 cup measurement on griddle.
- Cook 2-3 minutes and turn. Only cook 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- If wanting to keep them warm for company, put oven-safe plate with pancakes in 200 degree oven on a wire rack until ready to eat.