This is a delicious way to prepare asparagus. I have prepared this recipe several times, and it is so easy. A single pan, only 20 minutes to cook; goes great with salmon, chicken, or steak. The cheese makes it for me. Enjoy!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, ends snapped off
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Spread the asparagus evenly in a single layer on a large sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and garlic until evenly combined. Pour the mixture evenly out over the veggies.
- Using your hands, toss the asparagus just until completely coated. Spread back out into an even, single layer.
- Liberally salt & pepper the asparagus. I recommend more freshly ground black pepper than salt.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until the asparagus has become tender, but not yet wilted.
- Carefully take the pan from the oven and sprinkle the cheeses evenly out over the asparagus. Return to the oven, baking an extra 2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Turn the broiler on and broil just until the cheese bubbles and begins to turn golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!